The Nadi Yogis are Ben Heath and Hilly Flora. This is a journal of their escapades, intentions, discoveries and awarenesses as they actively work toward living an authentic life through the practice of yoga.
Vegan Crispy Rice Treats
I have had quite the sweet tooth recently and I’m not really alarmed, nor do I feel any real need to remedy the situation. So here is a super quick and easy vegan cereal treat; instead of being made from GMO corn/rice product and the connective tissue excretions of our animal friends they are made of Organic, non-GMO brown rice and beet sugar. Huzzah!
Small Rant time:
These are not “Healthy”. These are treats, loaded with sugar and the sweet high/ terrifying crash that comes with it. There is a difference between healthy whole foods and this. But that does not make this any less yummy or nice for a treat.
Okiedokie, here are the ingredients:
1 bag of Dandies Vegan air Puffed Marshmallows
4 to 5 Cups (a little < 1box) of Organic Crisp Rice Cereal (do not get “puffed rice” it is totally different and your treats will come out all stale and sad and gross)
2 or 3 turns of your salt mill (Himalayan Pink is what I use)
1 to 2 tablespoons Coconut oil (measure cold from the fridge)
Here are the steps:
1. Put your oil in a big sauce pan and heat over medium until melted and bubbling
2. Add the Dandies and stir constantly with a wooden spoon
3. As soon as the dandies have melted into a a sloppy pile without form add your cereal and turn off the heat
4. Mix and fold the cereal in and don’t worry about the crushing sounds, make sure it is all evenly mixed and it will be glorious.
5. Turn out the mound of treat into a large square container and spread it out with the back of the wooden spoon/your hands.
6. Let it cool briefly, cut and enjoy!
This vegan love is for sharing, so make it and take it to some friends, a class or whatever you are involved in. Yay vegan treats!